Someone’s family is about to grow, and to you, this seems like no better excuse for a party! But with organized events to celebrate just about every mini milestone these days, how can you throw a baby shower your guests and the parent(s)-to-be will never forget?
Use our guide and tips to turn your baby shower into the most exciting moment of your guests’ year – until the new arrival!
The Baby Shower Through the Ages
Are you more of a retro party thrower?
Rather the old school ways?
Or want to do something entirely new and never seen before?
Good news, it’s all possible when you’re throwing a baby shower.
Take some cues from baby showers that have come before:
- In early Greece and Egypt, guests didn’t even see the parent-to-be. She was hidden away while guests visited temples and festivals.
- The new mother was once again hidden away (for 40 days!) in the Middle Ages, this time for the time period after the birth, not before it.
- Gifts for the parent-to-be included paintings in the Renaissance as well as a special wooden tray inscribed with personal messages.
- Pregnant women were once again hidden away in the Victorian era so they didn’t get showers, but they did have a tea party after giving birth.
Get on the Calendar!
Who knows someone who ISN’T crazy busy these days?
To ensure your baby shower is a success, you want to make sure all the guests can make it, so get on their calendars early.
And don’t just send an e-vite (electronic invitation through email or Facebook).
Make it real and make it stand out with a balloon!
Attach a balloon to a decorated baby shower invitation card (consider a theme of blue or pink if you know the sex and know the parents are going the traditional route) and write all of the details on the card.
A non-inflated balloon won’t even increase your postage costs, but it’ll really make your invitation “pop!”
Baby Shower Q&A
Now that the invitations are out and you know the when and where, don’t get caught up in all the cute little decorations before you ask yourself some serious party planning questions:
- What’s my budget? (And if you’ll be asking others to contribute, make sure you lock down their money before hand, or you could be stuck with footing the entire bill.)
- Will I have help? (Serving drinks, wrangling guests’ kids, leading party games, writing down who gave what gift – it all takes work. You shouldn’t do it alone.)
- Am I doing goody bags? What should go in it?
- Will we be doing any media with this? (Is someone taking pictures, LiveStreaming it for guests who can’t make it, etc.)
- Is everything *I* need to be taken care of? (Are your kids and pets safely secured away if they’re not invited, have you moved valuables or breakables to a safer place, have you cleared your driveway for guests’ cars, have you taken time off work, etc.)
It’s Party Time!
Before you throw open the doors for the actual party, it can be nice to talk to an expert who’ll help run down the lists to make sure you have everything you need.
Balloons Tomorrow is your one stop party shop for, yes, things that will make your guests float away on fun, both all your other party needs too. Click here and contact us.
We are loony for balloons and have tons of baby shower theme, balloon clusters, balloon party game ideas, and more.